Friday, July 8, 2016

Mature Fashion: Look # 5, Painted Leather

 Leather is still trending for F/W 2016; as usual with a bit of a twist.

My Fossil bucket bag I bought about six years ago is going to fit right in with the off-white/cream, pearl gray, and camel colors that are part of the fall and winter 2016 palette.

Decorated leather boots are a fun item to add to the almost Fantasy Land looks for the season.  The patterns are appliqued, painted, or stamped with whimsical or graphic patterns.  The Fossil will remain in my permanent accessories collection but the boots will soon be dated.  Using the current designs as inspiration, I painted (not completed yet!!) an old pair of boots and a black leather purse (purchased at a thrift shop for under $10.00) that I am also in the process of painting in coordinating colors. These items alone will give an up to date look to my fall wardrobe.  I cannot wait to wear them!  I also have two Ed Hardy painted leather belts that I expect to wear a lot..



For additional examples of items shown of this seasoan trned, view Vogue.com , Fendi  #23, Armani #44, Rebecca Taylor, numbers  #2. #3, and #6


No comments:

Post a Comment